Decision Made: We’re Moving!
The tulips are blooming, the trees are budding, and the birds are building their first nests of the season. Spring has sprung, and you have made the decision to sell your home in Orange County. Maybe you’ve been relocated with your career, or perhaps wanting to move closer to your grandchildren, or life circumstances make you ready for a change in address. There are a wide variety of reasons, and at The Ron Arnold Team, we want to help you make this life transition a smooth one!
Don’t Go It Alone
Buying or selling a home is a huge financial transaction, and it is not wise to go it on your own. The smart move when you are ready to sell is to choose a Realtor who can ensure that the financial investment, as well as your sweat equity throughout the years will pay off at the day of closing. We take your decision to heart, and want to help you decrease the stress of moving. Here’s what our services and experiences can provide for you:
- We’ll dive deeply into the comparative market analysis of your neighborhood to figure out the perfect selling price for your home. It is a seller’s market in Orange County these days, but it is important to put the right price on the house. You don’t want to just throw a number out there without being strategic about it, and our team can help you find the perfect asking price.
- We will compile and share with you our comprehensive plan that details every step we will use to sell your home. This means helping you define a buyer profile: who is most likely to buy your home? Is it because of the school district, incredible view, or wonderful location? We will also be including the use of internet and local media. We know in 2018 selling a home means combining many resources so you can reach the casual Sunday driver out looking for a new place, and the serious shopper who is scouring the internet for the right home in the preferred neighborhood(s).
- We will show your home to as many qualified buyers as possible, to be sure you get maximum exposure to your property. That means not only will we market your home on digital media, but we will make sure we hold open houses and market them so we get potential buyers to walk through the front door of your home
- We will help you stage your home and generate curb appeal. That means taking a fresh eye to your home’s interior and exterior, and making recommendations on how to increase curb appeal. Does it mean investing in a bit of attractive landscaping? On the inside of the home, we can help you with the decisions of what furniture and accessories should be put temporarily in storage so that the home looks its best. It is often hard to make those decisions when you have lived in a place for a long time. A new perspective can help you clear the clutter (which you will need to do anyway once you move) and in the process, increase the value of the home you are selling. Sometimes that means staging, where fresh furniture is brought in and arranged by a designer. If a room is too crowded, it visually reduced the size of the room, which can impact a potential buyer’s interest in your property.
- We assist you in obtaining offers and helping you negotiate the best deal for you.
- We will help you find your next home and answer all of your questions about the new area, including schools and the differences in neighborhoods.
Time to Close: How Can You Help?
There are fees associated with the sale of your home. If you’ve lived in a home for awhile, you may have forgotten of the various fees needed to finalize the sale. The Ron Arnold Team can help! Here are a few fees to keep in mind as you near closing:
- Title insurance fees depend on the sales price of the home.
- Broker’s commission is a full-service fee and will cost anywhere between 5% to 7%.
- Local property transfer tax, county transfer tax, state transfer tax, and state capital gains tax are the charges that you’ll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credit to the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- FHA fees and costs are all fees are now negotiable between an FHA buyer and seller.
- Home inspections fees are in some circumstances paid for by the seller and include pest, radon and other inspections.
- Miscellaneous fees can accrue from correcting problems noticed during the home inspection.
We know selling a home is an emotional roller coaster ride. As the premier real estate agents in Orange County, the Ron Arnold Team is here to provide you with all the resources and information you need to buy or sell real estate. We are just an email or a phone call away!
We look forward to hearing from you!